My team and I had made it to the indoor soccer finals to see who would become champions. We were playing against an anonymous team. When we stepped out onto the arena, there was an unexpected long applause from the fans sitting in the stands.
When the other team stepped out onto the arena, my team and I were electrified to find out that we were playing against the three-year indoor soccer champions. We wanted to forfeit the match but the imperative tone of our coach made us go back out onto the arena to try and win the match.
The whistle blew, I passes the ball to one of my good teammates, who ran towards the opponent's goal but before he had gotten half way, he was tackled by one of the players from the other team which would have caused him to get a yellow card but the referee said "play on!" The player that had slide tackled our teammate then quickly got the ball and dribbled past our defenders and made a goal.
The whistle blew for the second time but this time the ball was passed to me. I quickly rant to the other team's goal. I dribbled the ball passed the two defenders which amazed me. Now it was just the goalkeeper and me. The goalkeeper ran straight at me, but before I knew what I was doing, I popped the ball over the goalkeeper and it went inside the goal. The stands pervaded with a great applause again, just like it when we made it onto the arena.
For the third time the whistle blew and the ball was heading towards our goal in no time. Again he was successful at getting passed our defenders but as he shot the ball towards the corner of the goal, our goalkeeper dived for the ball. I was relieved that our goalkeeper had saved the ball. He then passed it to one of the defenders who passed the ball to me. I looked up at the clock and there was only a few seconds left. I saw one of my teammates open for the ball. I made a perfect passed to my teammate, who then took a powerful shot at the goal. The buzzer sounded right as the ball entered the goal and at the same time, there was a great applause for the third time from the stands. I realized that you should never give up and give it a try because you never know what might happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am glad that you persevered!
ReplyDeleteI like the way you described so much I can almost picture it in my mind, and how as you went on you showed how you felt. Very good :)
ReplyDeletenice story like how you used the wordly wise words
ReplyDeleteI like how you described your memoir thoughrouly, kkep it up!
ReplyDelete