Friday, September 24, 2010

About My Mother

My mother,
tall and slim,
like a model,
her hair,
as sweet as cinnamon,
as pretty as nature itself.

Nature sometimes gets
polluted
and so did she,
she became sick
but she fought
as nature fights
pollution
so it can live longer and
not succumb

At the end
she couldn't fight
anymore,
she lost,
cancer had won
and it will
win many more fights...the good had lost to the evil.

Her face will haunt me,
her sweet, beautiful
voice
will always
reverberate in my ears
like her last three tremulous words:
I love you.

She was my mother
and I was her cub
how will I survive
without my mother,
who will take
care of me
like she did?

Even though she is gone,
she will always
be watching me,
she will still love me,
she will protect me
and I know
that she is in
better place now...I love you mom.

8 comments:

  1. Dude...that was deep. Great job man, shows so much imagery and you put ur feelings into it, fantastic poem. Nice poetic devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikkel! I loved how you described your mom so well, Im sorry though, but great poem, great expressing your emotions, and PERFECT job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry you're mom died. i had no idea! this was written really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful mikkel... You made me cry, this is just plain beautiful. I loved your metaphors, everything. I'm sorry for your lost, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a poem that your mom would be proud of.

    You did a good job of making my mum cry >:(

    It was so sad that my night has now been ruined (thanks alot) not even an episode of 'Dexter' can repair the damage that you have just inflicted.

    I havent been this sad since 'Of Mice and Men' thanks again for making me nearly cry you douche!!! Just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Mikkel! I`m sorry for your mother.
    You did a very nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I am glad that you have her face forever etched in your memory.

    ReplyDelete