Monday, August 23, 2010

Memoir Monday

I would always mess up in soccer practice, I was never able to pass the ball straight to my teammates and I was never able to dribble around an opponent. I didn't want to go to soccer practice because I thought I wasn't good enough. But then when I got the hang of it, I wanted to go more and play more all the time. I loved to play around all though i messed up sometimes i got back up and kept on trying hard.

When it was my first match ever, I was really nervous because of the all the parents watching and the other team looked fearsome. I got myself together and ran out onto the new fresh field with the rest of my team. But when the match started, the other teams were like living monsters that were impossible to get the ball from. They kept on scoring goals over and over again.

After that match I didn't want to go to anymore games neither did I want to go to practice but my dad said: "If you don't practice son, you are never gonna get better at playing soccer and you won't be able to beat the other team and I'm sure that is what you want right? So go out there make me proud at the next game and keep on practicing. When I started practicing a lot, i got really good and so did the rest of my team. We were all ready for our next match against those monsters.

The whistle blew and the ball was passed to me, I quickly ran towards the goal dribbling past the last two remaining defenders. I had a clear shot at the goal. I took a shot and all of a sudden there is a great deal of clapping and triumph pervaded the field. I had made a goal.

I realize that if you practice for something, you are only going to be better at something and you are never gonna get worse at it.

3 comments:

  1. WOW very good at describing your feelings. I totally got everything you said. I could see what was happening. GREATTT :D
    And yes I agree, there is nothing thats impossible with practicing.
    keeep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This memoir was awesome, I like the moral at the end of the story. Just a small piece of constructive criticism: write about something other than soccer

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow mikkel really nice memoir.
    I chould see how you turned up to be a great soccer by practicing alot.
    and i agree with you
    never give up!

    ReplyDelete